Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Your Online Presence

You can assume many roles online.  You may just poke around or you may have a deliberate plan.

These are the main roles that I have identified in my research. Yes, it says "school librarian."  That's because I use this in my research survey "School Librarian Use of Social Media for Professional Development."  But ignore the school librarian part.  And ignore the professional part.  Consider your social media use for any purpose.



Take the poll to the right about the role with which you primarily identify.

How to increase your social presence

Sometimes we feel like our social media posts are floating out in cyberspace.  Did anyone view my stuff?  Don't people know how great my ideas are?  Why didn't anyone comment?

The problem may not be your content, it may be social.  The official term is "The Law of Reciprocity."

There are a lot of business articles about the Law of Reciprocity, but the concept applies to school and personal social media as well.

Skim over this article to see how you may be able to improve your hit/comment rate by being a better friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment